Obviously, time for some soup-ing!
Here's what I used:
- Some carrots
- An onion
- A little oil (which I forgot to put in the picture - sorry!)
- Handful of red lentils
- A couple of chicken stock cubes (in a litre of water, more if you like thinner soup)
- BIG dollop of crème fraiche
- Bunch of coriander
- Some grated cheese (if you fancy it)
And here's how I made it:
- Put a couple of chicken stock cubes in a litre of water, stir and leave to dissolve
- Put a little oil in the bottom of your saucepan (use a big pan)
- Chop the onion and fry gently in the oil for a couple of minutes
- Chop the carrots and add to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes and stir it around to make sure it doesn't catch and burn
- Add the stock-water and a handful of red lentils
- Simmer for about half an hour
- Stir in the crème fraiche
- Chop up the coriander and stir in; cook for about five more minutes
- Whizz in the blender or blitz with a stick blender
- Serve up and sprinkle some cheese on top
YUM! And cheap! And quick! And Carrot-Girl ate it all up!
And there's some left for tomorrow too!